Vinnies WA Shops
As of Saturday 27 June our shops are opening for longer and more days in the week. We also have another 9 shops opening from Monday too!
Please check your local shop listing for their current trading hours.
- Girrawheen – Opening 30 June
- Innaloo – Opening 30 June
- Kalgoorlie – Opening 29 June
- Karratha – Open Now
- Mosman Park – Opening 30 June
- Northbridge – Opening 30 June
- Scarborough – Opening 30 June
- Wangara – Opening 27 June
- Waroona – Opening 1 July
- East Victoria Park – Opening 7 July
Due to the need to be cautious and ensure the safety of staff, volunteers and customers we have implemented the following opening hours and safety measures:
- Shorter opening hours
- Floor signage marked to maintain social distancing
- Limited numbers of customers in-store at one time per square metre
- Hand sanitiser for staff, volunteers and every customer on entering a shop
- Contactless/EFTPOS as the preferred form of payment
Any credit note vouchers issued between 1 January – 31 March 2020 with balances remaining have had the expiration dates extended to 30 September 2020.
Furniture Pickups & Deliveries
Yes. We are undertaking free furniture pickups as well as emergency relief furniture deliveries. To learn more or contact us to organise a furniture donation to Vinnies please visit our Donate Goods webpage.
Country Area Food Donations
If you live in a country or regional are of WA and would like to make a food or material donation then please email us on email@example.com
Vinnies Support Centres
There will be no face to face interviews conducted at any of our Support Centres. All support will be provided online or over the phone.
Using a varied service delivery model, we will continue to provide a level of Emergency Assistance for requests for food assistance, bill payments, rent assistance, furniture requests and advocacy. Vinnies WA will not be conducting the usual home visitations at this time but will providing support through other means. If you require assistance you will need to be make a request via our call centres on 1300 794 054 or click here for regional phone numbers.
Homelessness and Mental Health Services
All our Vinnies services such as Passages Youth Engagement Hubs, Tom Fisher House, Vinnies Mental Health and Housing Plus services remain open. We are taking stringent screening, social distancing and hygiene precautions to ensure the continued provision of service for the welfare and safety of our clients, staff and volunteers.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty then please call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007.
All support will be provided online and/or over the phone. Interviews in person with a professional financial counselling will now cease.
Vinnies WA will continue to look out for, and advocate on behalf of, people who need our assistance. We categorically state that:
- People experiencing poverty and/or homelessness are no more likely to be carrying the virus.
- But people experiencing homelessness or living in poverty are not able to control who they share their living space with.
- They are also more likely to have pre-existing health conditions that make them susceptible to COVID-19.
The COVID-19 impact on the community will be significant and we remain committed to our mission to give a hand up to the most vulnerable in our communities because when times are hard, we are here.
Please continue to monitor our Website and Facebook pages for further information and updates.
We appreciate your support and understanding towards these changes to our services during this challenging time.