Vinnies financial counsellors are qualified professionals who offer independent financial advice and advocacy for people in financial difficulty.
Our counsellors work with clients to achieve positive financial outcomes, helping them to build their own capacity to avert financial crisis and reduce stress. They use tools such as money plans and a creditors list to work with clients to gain a clearer picture of their financial situation, then assist them to make their own choices about the best way to resolve their financial problems.
Putting people in touch with a financial counsellor quickly is the key to preventing a crisis escalating and Vinnies provides this service through face to face interview with clients. We have financial counsellors in four locations, the Perth CBD, Canning Vale, Rockingham, Mandurah and Busselton/Bunbury area.
Our qualified financial counsellors can assist with queries and information including:
- Understanding your financial situation and taking control
- Strategies and options for dealing with financial difficulties
- Budgeting and practical steps to relieve financial stress
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities
- Negotiating with creditors
- The debt recovery process and the court system in relation to debt collection
- How the law can protect you in difficult financial times
- Bankruptcy information
- Referral to other specialised and appropriate services
You can call to make an appointment with a Vinnies Financial Counsellor at the following locations Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Perth CBD Office: Trinity Arcade, Suite 39, 72 St Georges Terrace (08) 9226 0173
Rockingham Office: 1/14 Livingstone Road, Rockingham (08) 9528 4343
Mandurah Office: 23 Davey Street, Mandurah (08) 9581 3167
Bunbury/Busselton Office: Unit 1-2, 30 Denning Road, Bunbury or 20 Peel Terrace, Busselton 0447 456 647
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the National Debt Helpline, call 1800 007 007
Monday to Friday 9:30am to 4:30pm