Retail Manager South Hedland
Life at Vinnies
At Vinnies, you’ll be joining committed team members who work to improve the lives of those they assist throughout the community. We’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion. Always looking for better ways to achieve our mission goals, Vinnies employees are innovative and driven to help make positive change. Vinnies WA is a highly regarded charity organization with sites all over Western Australia! For more information, please visit the Vinnies WA website here.
We have an exciting opportunity for a community-driven Retail Manager to lead our volunteers at our South Hedland Shop with passion for giving back to South Hedland. If you LOVE the idea of contributing to your local community by growing sales, coaching your budding retail heroes and in turn bringing in much needed funds to the organisation then we would love for you to apply!
You are an upbeat and energetic leader with great communication skills and an interest in learning to coach and mentor your team. Great at organisation and multi-tasking? Love making a difference to your community? Want to make your Shop an amazing place for our dedicated volunteers and customers? If you have answered yes to any or all of these, this could be a truly great opportunity for you to make a significant impact immediately.
More specifically you will have
- Previous experience managing people
- The ability to motivate others and build a positive team culture
- The ability to work Tuesday to Saturday 8.45 am to 2.15 pm
- A keen interest in delivering positive customer experience
- Proven time management, organisation and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive ‘Can Do’ attitude and positive team spirit
Key accountabilities include
- Leading our volunteer team to deliver a memorable experience with our customers
- Striving for, meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Training and supporting our dedicated team of volunteers
What we can offer you
- Tax reducing salary packaging + leave loading
- Great working conditions and work life balance
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community
- Team member discount
Grow with Vinnies
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. To apply for this position your cover letter must address the above selection criteria and be supported by an updated version of your resume. All applications must be submitted via email to Alexandra.Stewart@svdpwa.org.au to be considered. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be completed; these include reference checking and a National Police Clearance (NPC). Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide their own NPC.