Your privacy is important to the Society. In this policy we explain how and why we may collect your personal information, how it is used, when and how we might share it with others and how you can access and seek to correct your personal information. In this policy, personal information has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act, and includes information about identified or reasonably identifiable individuals.
The Privacy Act is accessible on the Federal Government Comlaw website: www.comlaw.gov.au. Detailed information on privacy and the APPs is available on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: www.oaic.gov.au.
- The Society recognises the importance of, and is committed to, protecting an individual’s dignity, right to privacy and rights to their personal information.
- The Society complies with federal and state legislation that impose specific obligations relating to handling personal information and health information. These include: Freedom of Information Act 1992 (WA) and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- The Society also complies with other laws that protect specific types of personal information in service delivery to, for example, children, older people and people with disabilities (together, the Australian Privacy and related Laws).
- The Society takes reasonable steps to communicate and implement its policies, practices, procedures and systems in compliance with Australian Privacy and related Laws.
- The Society respects the privacy of children and young people, and people with disability. The Society takes reasonable steps, including using appropriate language and modes of communication, to ensure that all individuals understand their rights to privacy and confidentiality and that they understand what personal information is collected, used, stored and disclosed, and why.
- The Society acknowledges and supports an individual’s right to complain if they believe their privacy has been breached contrary to this policy and to Australian Privacy and related Laws.
How to Contact Us