Vinnies WA is pleased to announce a partnership with ABC Radio in Western Australia from Tuesday 1 December 2020 to Friday 11 December 2020.
The ABC Radio Vinnies Appeal on ABC Radio Perth, as well as ABC online and social media, will raise funds for Vinnies WA Christmas Appeal that helps Western Australians who are struggling this Christmas. This year has been an extraordinary year of hardship with many Western Australians turning to Vinnies for the first time. Raising awareness of our work and vital donations through the ABC Radio Vinnies Appeal, and the wider audience of the ABC radio network, means we can support vulnerable families facing an uncertain future this Christmas.
ABC Radio and ABC online will deliver a series of stories featuring Vinnies WA volunteers and staff, talking about the scope and nature of the work Vinnies WA does from our Emergency Assistance program, and specialist services such as homelessness, housing, mental health, financial counselling and Youth. The launch of the campaign will begin with Vinnies WA CEO Susan Rooney talking to ABC presenter Russell Woolf live on ABC Breakfast Tuesday 1 December.
Over the course of the two weeks, ABC presenters will embark on some fun Christmas Challenges for social media, and in Week 2, there will a phone auction run with unique ABC experiences up for grabs.
This campaign is not without a serious side. It’s been a tough year for so many people and as we approach Christmas, the ABC and Vinnies is asking Western Australians to dig deep and donate to this Appeal so Vinnies can take the pressure off families who are at breaking point by providing food hampers, emotional support and help with essentials.
Tune into to ABC Radio Perth from today to listen to the many wonderful Vinnies stories and volunteers dedicated to helping people in their communities which will run across the course of the two weeks.
Upcoming stories on ABC Radio and Online from Tuesday 1 December:
- Susan Rooney, Vinnies WA CEO does a live interview on ABC Breakfast to launch the ABC Radio Vinnies Appeal
- Kay Duane, Vinnies Retail Volunteer Kalamunda talks about the work of Vinnies retail volunteers and her passion for fashion.
- Steph Nagle, Vinnies Call Centre Volunteer talks about the work in the Vinnies Canning Vale call centre
- Joann & Mick Copeman are a husband and wife volunteer team talk about their passion for volunteering at Vinnies
- Alberta Janes is a Thornlie Conference Member and she speaks about Home visitation as the core work of the Society, and the work she does as a Vinnies member.
- Elizabeth Garrett, Vinnies Tom Fisher House Coordinator talks about Tom Fisher House and the specialist service model it delivers for people experiencing homelessness
- Mitch Uhrig, Manager, Distribution Centre Operations WA talks about the operation in the Vinnies Canning Vale Distribution Centre.
- Anne Smith, Vinnies Albany Conference Member talks about work of members in country areas. (ABC Regional Listeners only)
- Angela Garden Vinnies Wembley Shop Manager wanders through Wembley shop with ABC reporter Emma Wynne looking at all the unusual finds that make their way to the shop. (Online Only)
What can you do to support the ABC Radio Vinnies Appeal?
Listen to ABC Radio Perth from tomorrow.
Check out our Vinnies WA Facebook page for daily updates on the Appeal
Visit the ABC website for more information.
Donate to the ABC Radio Vinnies Appeal by clicking HERE