Your Help WA Campaign
Western Australia’s community services organisations provide essential services and support for vulnerable people in Western Australia to live better lives. Currently more than half a million West Australians need support and services but community service organisations such as Vinnies, do not have the resources to meet the growing need in our community. Vinnies is one of 450 community service organisations that have joined together to call on the State Government to increase funding to WA providers by $300 million to help us support vulnerable and at risk people in our state.
Here are the facts:
- More than 9,000 Western Australians, including 3,000 children and young people don’t have a place to call home.
- Almost 300,000 People have experienced domestic Violence
- 240,000 Western Australians are living below the poverty line
- Each week 20,000 WA children go to school hungry
With your help we can support the community services sector and convince the State Government to address the lack of funding so that organisations such as Vinnies can continue to change lives of over 50,000 Western Australians.
How you can help:
- Sign the petition by visiting the Your Help WA website www.yourhelpWA.com.au
- Follow the Your Help WA Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter accounts @YourHelpWA